14.6.13

School's Out



Schools out!


So, today we went here...

 

And did this...

 

We saw lots of crabs, 2 tiny eels, small tide-pool dwelling fish, sea stars, limpets, mussels & barnacles, sea snails, sea anemones, hermit crabs, a bright purple sea urchin, and just past the tide pools where we stood, there was a harem of sea lions playing in the water, waving their rear flippers and sunning themselves on the rocks (yes, I looked it up -- the word for a grouping of sea lions is "harem"...)


"Mama, look here... what's that?"


And then his brother caught another crab...



1 comment:

  1. That looks like wonderfully fun way to spend a day! I grew up on smooth, white sandy beaches, so tide pools are something I've never had a chance to explore with my kids.

    ReplyDelete

I know that word-verification makes it difficult to comment, and that, due to moderation, your comments seem to vanish into thin air once you've hit "submit," but your comments will appear after approval (really!) I read every comment and love hearing from you (truly!)